Woodlands – Tanjong Pagar

Share

 

This part of the mainline was opened to traffic on 8 May 1932 after the old line from Bukit Timah to Tank Road was closed. It is part of the mainline spanning all the way from Butterworth; this 24km stretch was closed to traffic on 1 July 2011, as part of a historic land-swap deal between the Governments of Malaysia and Singapore. Tracks were dismantled within a month from closure, while Bukit Timah and Singapore Tanjong Pagar stations are slated for preservation.

Leave a Reply